Thursday, August 12, 2004

One of the reasons why I never will be a good physicist: I can't stand the way of presentation.

My problems with physiscists way of presentation:

  • There is no excuse for bad typography.

  • I like to target my presentations to my audience: if experts, do expert talk, if non-experts, do non-expert talk.

  • Use as few formulas as possible.

  • Do not put as much as you can on a slide.

  • Do not use any of those fancy powerpoint effects if you do not need them.

  • If you got 15 minutes, do not put 60 minutes of content in your talk and just speak faster.

  • Do not use more than three colours.

  • Bright yellow on white is bad.

  • Using Comic Sans does not make your talk more understandable, nor does it make you cool.

  • and so on and so on...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

inevitable link:
http://www.google.com/search?q=jan+tschichold

:-)