Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Changes



Some things never change, some do. I still get handshakes from the waiters at the cafe I spent half o my stay in portugal. On the other hand, having a coffee and a cognac there now costs a fortune compared to the good ol' days. But for compensating it was full of nice girls (unfortunately half of them french). One of them looked like the twin sister of a girl I know from Erlangen...

Tomorrow I will go up north, to the Serra do Geres, trying to find a camping site in the part which is not burning. If you don't hear anything from me in the next five weeks, I got a stroke while trying to do some walkabouts in open sun with something like 32°C...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She looked like the twin sister of a girl that you know? Not the actual girl, but her twin sister? Are they identical twins? I'm confused :)

perreira said...

I should start to be more precise in writing (could help with the thesis I presume...):

She looked like she could be the long lost twin sister of a girl I know, which (the sister, not the girl) has been lost in france and was raised by a rich french family from Paris... (at least she looked like a parisienne with some money)

And maybe not identical twin sister, but pretty close (although the wish also may have been the father of the thought)

Unknown said...

The key, I feel, to the thesis, is to be as vague as possible whilst pretending to be precise. For example: when helping someone with su doku, politely inform them that the 3 goes into the middle corner. Precise, yet irritatingly nonsensical. Translate that into physics and boom! Post-doc, right there. Maybe even an academic...